The Centre for Aerospace & Security Studies (CASS), Islamabad, is seeking a creative, results-driven & detail-oriented individual to work as Assistant Editor.
- BS Hon/MA/MS degree in English Language & Literature from HEC recognised university.
- 2 years’ experience in magazine/ journal/scholarly publishing.
- Excellent writing/proofreading skills, with the ability to shift writing style to suit different audiences & formats, especially academic writing.
- Experience with citation formats like CMS, APA & Harvard as well indexing & abstracting.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Fact-checking & reference standardisation.
- Maintaining publications data.
- Proofreading for syntax & substance.
- Ability to produce 1000-word press brief without compromising nuance, objectivity and time.
- Copyediting (under the CASS house style and common sense).
- Citation analysis.
- Text composing/formatting know-how.
- InDesign, Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop proficiency.
- Experience with publishing tools.
- Packaging (headlines and art).
Interested applicants are required to email the following:
- Cover letter.
- One-page résumé.
- Two writing samples: one on a current issue no longer than 800 words & the other an excerpt of past, preferably longer work or named published material.
- 2-3 professional references.
CASS is looking for a full-time Graphic Designer (Publishing & Media) to create engaging and on-brand graphics, including overall layout and production design for a variety of print and digital media, especially publications, books, journal, reports, brochures, digital and print newsletters etc., original event material, infographics and visual aspects for institutional website and social media platforms
- Undergraduate or Master’s degree in Graphic Design or related field. Degree/Diploma in Design, Fine Arts, Visual Communication, CS or related field will be a plus
- 2 years’ work experience with a strong portfolio of own illustrations or other graphics
with a wide range of creative projects
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe XD, Lightroom, Acrobat Pro, Animate, Dreamweaver, Lightroom Classic, Media
Encoder etc. (NO template-based designs)
- A keen eye for aesthetics and meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Creative flair and a strong ability to translate print and digital media requirements into design
- Effective communication/time management skills and ability to meet very tight deadlines (even after office hours)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multitask with various assignments/teams
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS
- Good photography or videography skills